Prior to pursuing her Master’s degree in Interior Architecture at the New England School of Art & Design, Lauren earned a bachelor’s degree in Art History and Studio Fine Art from Union College, with a minor in psychology.
Her undergraduate studies play a profound role in her approach to the design and curation of interiors, with a strong emphasizes on the way the built environment influences the human experience within.
New England School of Art & Design, Boston, MA
Master of Art Interior Architecture – May 2016
Grade point average 3.9/4.0
Union College, Schenectady, NY
Bachelor of Art – June 2013
Art History, Studio Fine Art, & Psychology
Grade point average 3.6/4.0
Junior Designer, September 2014 – Present
Maven Design, Wellesley, MA
- Responsible for assisting Principal designer in all phases of the projects from programming and schematic to design development and documentation.
Collaborated and developed design concepts.
- Created floor plans, custom millwork and furniture drawings, design presentations, and client proposals, budgets & invoices.
Sourced and specified product and finishes, including furniture, art, accessories, lighting, hardware, fixtures, paint.
- Managed construction administration working closely with sub-contractors to oversee implementation of project goals.
- Maintained strong client relationships.
Design Assistant, December 2011 & Summer 2012
Newtown Design Group, Newtown, PA
- Developed and established social media presence for boutique residential firm, shadowed designers in client meetings & design development, communicated with fabric companies, furniture suppliers, and general contractors.
Awards & Affiliations
People’s Choice Winner
DESIGN New England Showdown
American Society of Interior Designers (ASID), member since 2014
Co-Chair Awards Gala planning committee 2017 New England Chapter
Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Lumion, ShaderLight, Adobe Creative Suite